Gardner & Swanner offers an innovative solution to your missing tooth or teeth. Dental implants have the ability to securely replace the space that is missing in your mouth with a natural-looking artificial tooth that is placed on your implant. Implants have a 95 percent success rate. Most of the very first dental implants that were placed in the United States over 20 years ago are still in use and performing well.
The success rate of your dental implant is dependent upon you and how well you take care of them. Here are some helpful tips for taking care of and maintaining the integrity of your dental implant.
- Continue maintaining your regular brushing and flossing routine.
- Continue visiting Gardner & Swanner for your regular checkups and cleanings.
- Keep all of your follow-up appointments with Gardner & Swanner after your implant is placed and restorative work it complete.
- Discontinue smoking and excessive alcohol consumption after your implant is placed. These two habits may reverse the effectiveness of your implant.
- Avoid eating hard foods such as ice or hard candy.
- If you’re in the habit of chewing on your pencil or pen this could damage your implant.
- Always contact Gardner & Swanner immediately if you begin experiencing any problems related to your dental implant.
If you’re interested in knowing if you’re a candidate for dental implants, contact Gardner & Swanner’s dental office today. He will help you discover if dental implants are the right solution for your missing tooth or teeth.
Posted on Behalf of Gardner & Swanner